Sunday 14 November 2010

Mission to starve media conglomerates.

My mission is going to begin with magazines. Recently listened to an interesting talk given by James Brown founder of Loaded magazine and Sabotage Times, who voiced quite agressively his disliking for working for large corporatley owned publications, such as NME as whatever he did for the magazine to grow its sales and reputation it did not help to grow his bank balance.
So I am officially now digesting online only magazines. In these cases all your attention span goes to funding more original output of your favourite mags, not increasing the cover price so mr WH SMITH can get a better cut.
My top 5 are currently:
Who's Jack Mag, essential online pick up if you are London based or not, learning first hand as a Jack intern this publication thrives on un pretentious originality, identifying upcoming fresh creative talent across photography, art, fashion and cultrural movements with thought provoking features all without the rhetorical, 'I buy all my clothes in Brick Lane and only go to raves in warehouses, o and I live in Shoreditch' attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment